George Zimmerman Trial Livestream

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Commentary: Are Today’s Scantily-Clad Prom Attendees Making a Statement? If So, What Are They Saying?



By: Gregory Kane, BlackAmericaWeb.com

“Hello, world! I’m a tramp!”

That had to be the statement young Marche Taylor was trying to make when she showed up at her senior prom in Houston earlier this month. The dress she wore has been described in the news media as “skimpy,” but believe me, we journalist types are being way too kind.

I mean, have you seen this thing she wore -- and then had the nerve to try and get into a prom? (She never made it; she caused a ruckus and cops had to take her away in handcuffs.)

Earth to Marche (pronounced “mar-shay,” according to some news broadcasts I’ve heard): proms are by definition a school function. And schools have a thing we call dress codes. And no school in the country -- Lord knows, I hope I’m right about this -- has a dress code that allows young women to attend school functions looking like $20 hookers.

COMMENTARY....

No comments: