George Zimmerman Trial Livestream

Showing posts with label sean diddy combs. Show all posts
Showing posts with label sean diddy combs. Show all posts

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

DIDDY ESCAPES CHARGES



Sean "Diddy" Combs is no longer under investigation by the NYPD following allegations that he roughed up longtime friend Steven Acevedo during an incident last month at Manhattan's Kiosk nightclub.

"I've been informed by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office that after a thorough investigation, they have made a decision not to authorize any arrests in connection with the incident involving Mr. Combs and Steven Acevedo on Oct. 13," Diddy's lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said in a statement to E! News.

"I want to commend the D.A.'s office and the New York City Police Department for conducting a thorough and very fair investigation into this incident and not allowing this private disagreement between two acquaintances to turn into a criminal charge."

Acevedo, 31, had filed a police report accusing Diddy of punching him in the face during an argument over a woman. Acevedo reportedly suffered a bloody nose and swollen lip, according to the New York Post.

Meanwhile, Diddy is still the subject of a $5 million lawsuit brought by hip-hop promoter James Waldon, who claims he was assaulted by Diddy's bodyguards at a New York club last June.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

DIDDY WILL BE CHARGED IN ASSAULT CASE



Police sources tell the New York Post that Sean "Diddy" Combs will be charged with assault after he allegedly punched an acquaintance of 13 years in the face at a SoHo night club.

Diddy skipped a scheduled meeting with police Tuesday afternoon as his lawyer released a statement saying that he would not be arrested. At the time, Diddy was meeting with the victim at Butter nightclub to try and work things out without criminal charges being filed.

But the victim, 31-year-old Steven Acevedo, said their lil pow wow did nothing to change his mind about moving forward with the case. In fact, when asked point blank if they had resolved the matter, Acevedo told the Post, "Definitely not" before slowly drawing his finger across his throat – the universal gesture of doom.

As previously reported, Acevedo says Diddy punched him in the face during an altercation – not at Kiosk as originally reported, but at the exclusive nightspot Upstairs, according to the Post. The dispute was allegedly over a blonde woman that Diddy escorted to the Cannes Film Festival last summer and that Acevedo had dated.

Sources tell The Post that Acevedo and Diddy, 37, have known each other from the hip-hop club scene for at least 13 years.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

DIDDY'S LEGAL DRAMA



It appears as if Sean "Diddy" Combs has reached out to the man he was accused of punching early Saturday at a Manhattan club, while TMZ.com claims new court documents prove that the mogul was ordered to submit photos of the rings he wore during another alleged assault, despite published reports to the contrary.

In the Manhattan incident, Steven Acevedo told police he was punched in the face by Diddy at about 3:30 a.m. Saturday following an argument inside Kiosk nightclub in Soho. According to the Associated Press, investigators are in the midst of tracking down more witnesses before seeking to question Diddy.

TMZ.com is reporting that Diddy and Acevedo – friends for over 13 years – met quietly Monday night at Butter nightclub to try and settle their differences. Both parties exited the club minutes apart, but neither would speak publicly about what was discussed.

Diddy's lawyer Benjamin Brafman said his client was not going to turn himself in to authorities Tuesday as expected.

"[Diddy] is not going to be arrested today," Brafman said in a statement. "We are hopeful that this matter will be resolved without the filing of any criminal charges as this was a disagreement among acquaintances, not a criminal assault."

Meanwhile, TMZ says it has obtained a minute order in another case accusing Diddy of assault that proves a judge ordered him Friday to submit photographs of the rings he was wearing on the night in question.

It had been reported earlier that the judge dismissed the photo request submitted by lawyers for alleged victim Gerald Rechnitzer, who claimed Diddy assaulted him following an Oscar party in Hollywood.

According to TMZ, the order read: "Lest there be any misapprehension on the part of counsel, the court understood the parties to say at the hearing that defendant had agreed to provide photos of the rings defendant was wearing."

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

SEAN DIDDY COMBS TO BE CHARGED WITH ASSAULT



SEAN "DIDDY" COMBS will be charged with assault after allegedly delivering a bloody rapping to a SOHO clubgoer over the weekend, police sources told THE NEW YORK POST. Cops were reinterviewing witnesses -- and were possibly poised to slap a more serious gun rap against one of the star's bodyguards -- after COMBS roughed up love rival STEVEN ACEVEDO at the trendy club KIOSK in NEW YORK CITY in the wee hours SATURDAY, the sources said.

ACEVEDO told cops that the pair got into an argument at the club around 3:30a and then briefly separated before starting to fight again. COMBS then clocked him twice in the face, busting his lip and bloodying his nose, ACEVEDO claims.

COMBS will be charged with a misdemeanor -- third-degree assault -- and given a desk-appearance ticket for his role in the incident, the sources said. He will not face jail time, they said.

Monday, October 15, 2007

DIDDY ACCUSED OF ANOTHER CLUB ATTACK



Sean "Diddy" Combs has been accused of yet another assault over a woman.

According to the New York Post, the rap mogul was attending a function at Kiosk in NYC at around 3:30 a.m. Sunday when he got into an argument with an acquaintance, Steven Acevedo, regarding a woman.

Acevedo told authorities that the two walked away from the heated exchange, but then continued the argument minutes later. That's when, according to Acevedo, Diddy punched him in the face twice while screaming, "I'll kill you, punk!"

Sources said as Acevedo attempted to strike back, a bodyguard appeared to reach in his waistband – as if to go for a firearm. Acevedo decided to exit the club and call 911 from home. He reportedly suffered a bloody nose and busted lip.

Cops are investigating whether Kiosk, a high-end store that deals in swanky knickknacks by day and hosts parties at night, has any surveillance video that might show what happened.

Last February, Diddy was accused of striking a man in an argument over a woman at an Oscars afterparty in Hollywood. Last week, lawyers for the alleged victim were denied their request to view photographs of the rings Diddy wore that night to compare the patterns with marks reportedly left on the victim's face. No charges were filed in the case.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

THIS HAS GOT TO BE A RECORD








2nd Suit In A Week For Diddy

A hip-hop promoter has filed a $5 million lawsuit against SEAN "DIDDY" COMBS, claiming the rap mogul unleashed three violent bodyguards on him in a NEW YORK CITY nightclub. The lawsuit claimes JAMES WALDON, 27, spoke to COMBS in THE BOX and then one bodyguard punched him in the mouth, knocking him backward onto a table, and two others began hitting and kicking him continuously.

WALDON rolled off the table and was chased around the club by the bodyguards before escaping. The beating left WALDON with numerous injuries, including mouth and teeth problems, according to court papers.

COMBS' lawyer, JONATHAN D. DAVIS, said he was aware of the lawsuit, but had not seen the papers and could not comment.

WALDON's lawsuit also names three "JOHN DOES" (the three bodyguards) and the nightclub in the suit. WALDON's lawsuit was at least the second against COMBS in less than a week. A former consultant for COMBS' BAD BOY ENTERTAINMENT sued the entrepreneur for $19 million last week in MIAMI, claiming COMBS owed him for the use of audio and video music footage by the late NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

Monday, October 8, 2007

DIDDY SUED OVER RIGHTS TO B.I.G. MUSIC



Sean "Diddy" Combs has been hit with a lawsuit from a former associate who claims the mogul owes him more than $19 million for music by the late rapper Notorious B.I.G.

According to the Associated Press, James Sabatino, a former consultant for Diddy's Bad Boy Entertainment Inc., says he flew B.I.G. to Miami in 1994 to perform at a concert and record some music. Sabatino says the rapper recorded about 17 minutes of vocals, and the session was also captured on about 90 minutes of video footage.

Although a contract was never signed, Sabatino says there was an understanding that he owned Biggie's tracks as well as the video footage because he purchased both the rapper's flight and studio session, the lawsuit states.

Diddy gave Sabatino a check for $25,000 and promised the rest of the money would follow in 60 days, according to the lawsuit.

Sabatino was later incarcerated on unrelated charges but still tried to collect the balance of his fee from Diddy. He was repeatedly told it was coming soon, according to the lawsuit, which seeks both actual and punitive damages.

Sabatino says in the filing that he felt pressured not to talk about the dispute because Diddy had been questioned by police about the rapper's death. The mogul apparently told police he did not feel Sabatino was involved in the slaying, but Sabatino says he feared Diddy would change his story and implicate him even if it was not true, reports AP.